The Eyes of a Stranger - A 40k mystery roleplay - Action

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Eyes of a Stranger - A 40k mystery roleplay - Action

Post by Apothecary Meros on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:28 pm

The Eyes of a Stranger
A Warhammer 40k Roleplay

Spoiler:

You all awaken in a disturbingly familiar environment. You know it very well, at least, most of you do. As is more evident while everyone's eyes painfully pry open - resulting in a subsequent groan from blinding light - the scene is an echo of your collective recollection from the night before. You seem to recognise the importance of the disembodied corpse bayonetted to the right wall, the sickly blade parting blue robes at the heart, but none of you can remember why. The same goes for the shoulder pad leaning against a chair leg. It's perfectly neat; too perfect perhaps. It's a card, calling you over - a calling card, one could say - yet it's silence holds the room in a perpetual noise. White noise. The bar itself appears as if ransacked, bottles smashed and strewn wildly amidst splinters from broken stools. Thankfully, one cupboard remains closed, although it would appear to be locked.

Zielley
Ignorant of the habitat around her: there's a head in your lap, much to your disgusted astonishment. The face has been devoured from the eye to the chin across the left side, leaving a gore soaked canyon of bone, inspiring a cold and unsettling touch upon anyone who dares even glance to it. Recognition is all but impossible, yet for you, there's an idea swimming in her head like a fish in a pond... all it needs to do, is bite.

Felicity
The air tastes of frost and sulphur, but for some the aroma of vomit is too strong: especially for you, kneeling in a puddle of it, ever increasing from the reservoir that is your gaping maw. The blood within your head beats a strange rhythm, reminiscent of home, inspiring twisted memories from a past now rebooted into the present. The resurgence of last night's meal onto the floor, and your shoes, flows downward - it would seem that you sit elevated, on a stage used for musical acts, near the far wall opposite the bar.

Norabder
Maybe someone should clean up the bar, once everyone figures out what's happened. Norabder could ask the ominous silhouette peering through the window, straight at him, as he lies face up on the pool table in the middle of the room. It is a fleeting idea, for the figure would seem to be but a shadow, who dies at the rising of the morning sun, somehow taking away him any feeling of warmth still in the Lamenter's bones and replacing it with a bitter chill.

Senera
Pure as he is, Senera didn't drink the night before. Although he is still curiously light headed, as if recovering from a great test of dexterity, though what exactly could inspire such a feeling in a Space Marine is the most bothering. Perhaps the closest narcotics vendor can explain. Luckily enough, she's sat no more than a metre away.

Lucan
You are blind. Although you can feel your heartbeat and feel you're breathing - it would seem that you're not dead at least - you cannot see. No form of biological or technological night vision makes any change to the blackness before you. Even when straining your pupils to their very limits, only miniscule fibres can be identified, as if the un-light is made of fabric.
Apothecary Meros
Admin

View user profile http://apothecary-meros.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Eyes of a Stranger - A 40k mystery roleplay - Action

Post by Muffin Heretic on Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Zielley fights the urge to bite into the flesh of this head. Now is not the time, a certain someone would tell her now, if they where here.
So Zielley keeps he head in her hand and stands up.
Dusts herself down and unhappily looks at the bloodstain on her robes, silently cursing that she didn't bring a change of clothes she looks arround to go see the others, the room is mezmerizing but as her eyes fall onto Senera she blinks a few times. This Space Marine doesn't take anything mind altering, so he should know of the things that happened last night.
"Yo Black Templar, what happened?"
Muffin Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:31 pm

"I have no clue", Senera says as he gets up with weary limbs and looks at Zielley.
"I was about to ask you the same thing. Why do I feel like I've fought an ork nob with my bare hands? and why don't I remember anything from the night before? "
Senera says as he checks if he still has his weapons and equipment.
senera2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Felicity pukes once more, then sits up, wiping her mouth as she looks around. She tries not to think about the memories the thought she had locked away with the help of her friend, and Co-worker, Runa.  She stands, and carefully walks to a table, shedding her outer robes, to reveal the Battlerobes beneath them. She takes another look around, taking in everyone else's state. 'By the Emperor, what concoction did I imbibe, to awaken in that state' she spites into the puddle of puke, and checks her hair, which still seems to be in it's bun, thankfully. She wipes her hands on her discarded robes.
Runa_Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:27 pm

*sits up*
Waking up in a bar...
Check.
Can't remember the night...
Check
I must have had fun, or done something stupid. Maybe that guy knows.
*points at the shadowy figure.*
Norabder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Zielley
The blood on your clothes is old, very old. While you would expect your clothes to be wet and sodden, the crimson surface cracks and splinters off. In your head, like a residue fading into nothingness, you hear the growling of a primal beast: 'bite, bite, bite, bite, bite!' It hisses, not as an order, but as a mark of pride. Senera appears to you not as a marine, but as a furry shadow of rage. While all else is typical, he embodies a hidden evil, seen only by you. Everything is silent, save for the snarls. 'Bite, bite, bite!'

Senera
It would appear that he has no equipment. Senera's armour clings into him heavily, like a great burden. The hammer and shield the Templar grew to cherish are gone, whisked away with time. Standing up, he feels a particular pain in his left arm, between the armour joints of the elbow. There, seems to be a split in the carapace. Your attention is taken away for a moment by a heavy knock at the door.

Felicity
You gaze around to see Zielley and Senera in conversation, both tipsy beyond all reason and barely able to stand. As you approach the table, you're forced to lean upon it, stopping in order to avoid more sickness. Senera and Zielley stand before you, embellished in the morning glow, while Norabder on your left points at you. Then, tracking the lenses of his helmet, you realise he points not at you, but past you, to the window.

Norabder
The shadow goes, and though some may turn to look, there's only light streaming through that window. For the fleeting moment Norabder saw it, the figure could have been an Astartes in size. There's a knock, and suddenly it would seem that these hallucinations are becoming much more lively.

Lucan
Nobody will ever know that, during their drunken night, Lucan was locked in a broom cupboard with tape around the eye lenses of his mask. He would have remained in there for hours, unable to see or know where he was, drowning in confusion. By the time he was let out, the story had already been told.

++LUCAN IS OUT++

Turn 2 begins.

Last edited by Apothecary Meros on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic on Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Zielley bites into her little finger, drawing blood from it and licking it up.
She stares at Senera like a beast of prey may gaze at it's soon to be food but she doesn't jump at her, instead she simply says in a hushed voice from between her sharpened teeth still burried in her own flesh:
"You are not Senera, Senera does not drink, prove me that you are Senera, Deamon!"
Muffin Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:13 pm

*to no one in particular (everyone)*
Does anyone have any memory of the last day or so?
Norabder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:33 am

"Deamon!? accuse me of that again and you will enter a world of pain!", Senera pauses a for a bit and says a bit loudly. "Slannesh is a pathetic piece of shit, Khorne is a paraplegic sociopathic cunt, Tzeench is an indescisive mollusc, and Nurgle is a shitty rotten garbage bag." Now a bit louder as he hits his chest with his right hand. "DEATH TO THE DARK GODS! GLORY TO THE EMPEROR AND THE IMPERIUM!". Senera then lowers his right hand "That's pretty much all the proof I can offer aside from my word."
Senera then returns his attention to his left arm, and examines the split in the carapace, "So.. is this where I was drugged from?" he asks to himself wondering what sort of drug would affect a Space Marine. "What is your name anyway? and are you alright? Also, how do you know me?" Senera asks Zielley after examining his arm.  
"No..." Senera replies to Norabder.
"Anyone going to answer the door?" Senera asks the people present in the bar while he searches for something to use as a weapon.
senera2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 am

(sorry, apparently, last time I sent it, it didn't post)
Ignoring the knocking on the door, Felicity moves to examine the shoulder pad leaning against the chair leg.
Runa_Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Zielley
The daemon barked at you, enraged, seething hot with rage, but as the light emerges from you know not where, and you start to hear the normal background noises of the early morning, the image of the beast fades, and the Templar stands before you.

Senera
Senera looks around the tables and across the bar, seeing only empty bottles and pool cues. However, during his search, he finds the power-pack of a Lasgun, depleted and cold.

Felicity
As you pick it up, you feel a sharp pain in your fingers, like needles. Where your fingers came into contact with the purple surface, blood is drawn from a hundred tiny lacerations, caused by a hundred equally minute spikes which barb the pad. A slithering residue remains on the pad, an amalgamation of electrical wiring and warp spawn hides within. There's something beneath it all, however, but you cannot see what.

Norabder
It would seem as if everyone is as clueless as Norabder when it comes to the night before. Senera and Felicity appear to be making investigations however. The knocking becomes more urgent, increasing in volume and intensity to deliver 2 wall shaking bangs on the wooden frame.

Turn 3 begins
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

She continues to examine the shoulder pad, ignoring the pinpricks, and continues to examine the shoulder pad, trying to learn as much from it as she can. She pulls out her power blade, and uses it to scrape some of the slime from the shoulder pad.
Runa_Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:27 am

"You're Senera alright. Muffin told me about you, also I hang arround at bars a lot, we never talked but I was usually there."
Turning to the door, thinking she'll answer, she tells Senera:
"There are many things that can drug a Space Marine; the Laer proved that when their very essence even drugged a primarch. Space Wolves have something on their deathworld that can drug Space Marines as well, although that would be deadly to normal humans, toxic, really. There's not many combat drugs in the Imperium that do but I could imagine that Frenzon would have an impact on you as well as Topor maybe. Obscura certanly too, if you have the high enough dosage of it and if I wanted to make certain, I'd use what you guys came to call Warpdust but that would probably kill you."
She walks to the door to answer it, quickly turns arround and adds:
"certain Deamons and Chaos-touched peoples blood is a drug or a venom to you guys too."
Then she tries to open the door cautiously, to see what's behind.
Muffin Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:38 am

*Moves to the door with Zielley ready to punch whatevers on the other side should it be necessary.*
Norabder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:02 pm

"Who the heck has access to that kind of stuff?" Senera asks Zielley as he takes the lasgun power-pack and searches for something to charge it with. A fireplace, or something electrical.
Senera then proceeds to open the closed cupboard, and if necessary(so if it's locked) tries to break it open.
He doesn't go to the door as he sees that his strength is not required as both Zielley and Norabder are on it.
He also searches for a Lasgun. "Did anyone see a Lasgun?"
senera2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:54 am

Zielley and Norabder
The door opens easily enough, and brings with it the warm winds of the planet's spring, as well as a mix of toxins and chemicals from the planet's industrial sites. As hidden servos whine and the door creaks on its hinges, a large red shape manifests itself and looks back at you and Norabder. "Finally, I was about to think I'd have to break down my own front door." It says sternly, sheathing a Chainaxe on its thigh and pushing you and the Lamenter aside. He stops for a moment, looking left and right. "What the FUCK did you guys do to my bar?"

Senera
The closest thing to a heat source around here would be outside, for the sun shines brightly today. At first, Senera finds the small cupboard unwilling to comply. After a display of force, it cracks open and falls of its hinges, to reveal a stash of potent drugs: Frenzon, Torpor, some sort of Laer replacement and a host of bags and bottles to contain them. (GM's note, all of the contents of this cupboard are the drugs and drug paraphernalia as described in Zielley's character profile.) As he stands, Senera's eye is caught by the solider pinned to the wall. A brown strap connects a dark painted Lasgun to his golden spaulders. They shine like a beacon, quite the contrary to the rest of his drab blue uniform, although Senera could easily imagine it would have looked fine if not in such a squalor.

Felicity
The muck peels away easily enough, splatting on the wooden floor. It would be hard for you to forget the symbol beneath, for you grew up surrounded by it. The unholy sigil of Slaanesh sparkles in chaotic glory, making your eyes burn with painful delight. The wires remain attached to the shoulder pad, but they do not seem to enter it at any point, rather, it would seem that one end would have been attached to the marine's power pack, while the other would connect to some sort of weapon. It is clearly an electrical cable, made of gold.

Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:08 am

Zielley laughs, seeing the familliar face, albeit be it the helmet she knows.
"I don't think anyone knows why, how or what we did" Zielley says with a wide smile, she feels like giggling, so without having a real reason she bursts into laughter.
Muffin Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:27 am

She drops the pauldron, dark memories of her past flashing through her head, she's locked in place, tuning out everyone and everything around her as these memories fill her head. Memories believed to be locked away, either through science or sorcery, now flood her mind once again, she collapses to the ground, and crying out loud 'no mommy, please not again. Please stop'
Then she's reciting a prayer of deliverance, and finally, taking her powerblade in hand, she stabs the floor, repeatedly, a look at vengeance on her face 'die bitch, die you mother fucking heretic, in the Emperors name I curse the to eternal torment' the entire time her eyes are wide and unblinking, and everyone can hear her. After her episode passes, she collapses onto her side, temporarily unconscious
Runa_Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:11 am

No one seems to have a clue, although it looks like it was fun whatever it was. Why would you leave us in your bar unsupervised anyway? Let's face it this was inevitable.
Norabder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:41 am

"Hey! Smuggler, you might want to take a look at this. This bar gets stranger by the minute." Senera says as he carefully takes the Lasgun away from the soldier's corpse without disturbing the crime scene.
He then walks towards the red figure. "Who are you and do you have proof of ownership?"
senera2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apothecary Meros on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Everyone
Meros takes his helmet off and addresses the room. "I'm just glad I have insurance. It only covers Chaos attacks, but I'm sure I can convince them." The Apothecary then addresses each person individually:

"Sounds about normal then..." Meros sighs, looking down at the smaller woman beside him. "It's Zielley, right? The batshit-crazy one?"

He glares at Felicity and sneers. "No! Not the floorboards you daft woman! Do you know how hard it is to find Oak trees in a Hive City?" He was about to stomp over, but as she falls down, he sees no purpose in going there.

"I didn't leave it unsupervised, I left So'rem here. Where is he, by the way?" Meros asks Norabder, folding his arms. "He's not one to leave his post on a whim."

"What do you mean who am I? I'm not that forgetful of a face am I, Senera?" Meros says, putting his arms out wide in a display of surprise.

Zielley
You hear Senera call you over to the bar, but only barely over the top of Felicity's 'episode', and a loud clank from near the tables and booths signals the disappearance of her consciouaness. Laughter seems fitting at this moment, since the world has always seemed like such a funny place, the slapstick nature seems ever more amusing.

Felicity
It's image is burned onto your retinas, and it calls you in. No longer is the urge silent when it was only a pad; it is a squealing, screaming, hissing curdle of horrific voices from beyond the physical realm. Not even unconsciousness can save you from the voices.

Norabder
Out of the corner of your eye, Norabder sees the Black Templar looting the corpse of a dead guardsman dressed in a ceremonial looking blue garment, taking their Lasgun and leaving them to hang limp from the bayonet in their chest. He can hear the younger woman near the back screaming wildly, before falling over, rather dramatically. You notice she dropped something large and purple under a chair.

Senera
The Lasgun looks to be in perfect working order, with the existing clip at half capacity. It's bayonet slot is empty, but looking back at the means to the trooper's demise, its clear to see why. On his way over to Meros, Senera's foot knocks against the disembodied head Zielley found when everyone woke up. It rolls away awkwardly, like a gruesome mimicking of a tumbleweed, leaving sticky flakes of dried blood in its wake.
Apothecary Meros
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Runa_Cat on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:38 pm

(rolled a 5, but she just fell unconscious. So it doesn't count, only on a six. Next turn, 5 or higher will allow awakening.)
Felicity is still unconscious, no outward appearance of what she sees in her minds eye, nor the voices she is hearing. Even unconscious, her brain processes the noises, and, as her eyes are wide open, things that are within her field of vision. When she awakens, she will have a rudementary knowledge of what happened whilst she was unconscious.
Runa_Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by senera2000 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:50 am

"Ah yes, I do remember you, traitor," Senera says to Meros with a dreadful glare which for better or worse stays hidden behind his helmet.
"Also, I would like to politely ask you to not accuse my of heresy" He again says, this time, with a hint of rage in his voice.
Senera then picks up the disembodied head and the pauldron that Felicity was examining and begins to examine the two objects. He also specifically checks if the Guardsman stuck to the wall has his head and if so searches for a headless corpse.
senera2000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Heretic on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:26 pm

"Well, I hope she won't wake up." Zielley says looking at Septima, taking out a syringe filled with something clear, stabs it into a powder-containing little bottle, fills the bottle with the liquid, then pulls it back into the syringe.
"I'll make sure she's less disturbed when she wakes up."
With that she walks over to Septima.
"I'm not crazy, big red." Zielley laughs
Muffin Heretic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Norabder on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:38 am

I haven't seen So'Rem at all...
*looks around *
Has anyone had a look behind the bar?
Norabder